This post may contain affiliate links, meaning if you book or buy something through one of these links, I may earn an affiliate commission at no additional cost to you. Learn more
Strive for a deeper level of connection with your spouse or partner with these great questions for couples, and enjoy plenty of fun, thoughtful, and meaningful conversation together.
Questions for Couples (Best Questions to Ask Your Partner)
1. What is your happiest memory of all time?
2. What was your favorite movie when you were a child? What about now?
3. Do you have any deal-breakers that would make you seriously reconsider the relationship?
4. Do you think you’re an extrovert or an introvert?
5. Did you rebel against your parents when you were a child?
6. If you had to choose another career, what would you want to do? What made you not pursue that career path in the first place?
7. What do you think we need to work on the most in our relationship?
8. Who is your celebrity crush, and why?
9. What are the top things you’d include in our couple’s bucket list?
10. What do you want to do when you retire?
11. Which of the following would you like the most: a castle for summer, a year-long vacation, or a fancy boat?
12. What did you learn about marriage and relationships from your parents?
13. Do you have a question you’ve never asked me but would like to? What has stopped you from asking it?
14. Would you rather hire a personal chef, a personal trainer, or a housekeeper?
15. Would you rather watch, listen, or read the news? Why?
16. What cliche do you think rings the truest? Why?
17. Do you get jealous easily? What are some situations where you’ve been really jealous?
18. What’s your favorite thing to do on a rainy day?
19. What would be your favorite surprise birthday party?
20. What would be your favorite staycation?
21. Who do you think is the funniest person you know?
22. What song do you listen to when you want to get going?
23. What kind of date would you plan if you had only $20 to spend?
24. Would you rather meet an alien or a ghost?
25. What would be your next tattoo if you had to get one?
26. What’s your favorite thing to do when bored?
27. What did you want to be when you were growing up?
28. What one question would you ask on a dating game show?
29. What food reminds you of me, and why?
30. You’ve just been sent to prison; who do you call first, and why?
31. What has been the best party you’ve ever been to? What do you think made it so great?
32. What would you do if someone handed you $10,000 right now? What about $100,000? Or $1,000,000?
33. Do you ever wish I could read your mind?
34. What is your favorite thing to do at an amusement park?
35. Would you rather be hot or cold all the time?
36. Have you ever tried to invent something? What did you try to invent?
37. If you could only drink one for the rest of your life, would you pick coffee or tea?
38. What do you think are the top reasons I love you?
39. What’s been your favorite romantic surprise I planned for you?
40. What’s your dream anniversary date?
Deep and Thought-Provoking Questions
41. When do you think (if ever) it’s OK to lie?
42. How have your values changed from a decade ago? If so, how and why do you think they changed?
43. When were you the most disappointed in yourself?
44. Do you think praise or criticism gets you motivated more?
45. What is your biggest success story?
46. Do you believe in love at first sight?
47. What is the most important thing in a relationship to you? Do you think we have it?
48. What helps you relax after a stressful day?
49. What is your biggest fear in life?
50. Would you rather be able to fly or read people’s minds?
51. If you could invite three people to a dinner party, who would you invite (dead or alive)? Why?
52. If you could change anything about your childhood, what would you change and why?
53. What is the biggest lesson you’ve learned from your previous relationship?
54. Have you ever struggled with addictions? How did you get rid of them?
55. Do you think it’s possible for men and women to be just friends?
56. Do you think people are more result of their genes or nurture?
57. What would you put in your time capsule?
58. What’s an opportunity you regret never taking?
59. What’s the most important life lesson you ever learned?
60. What do the next 10, 20, or 30 years ideally look like?
61. What is your best childhood memory?
62. If you could be any character in a book or a movie, who would you like to be? Why did you choose that particular person?
63. What sport would you like to be good at?
64. What is the most recurring dream you’ve ever had?
65. What is the most memorable life advice you’ve ever received, and from whom?
66. What is your most treasured memory?
67. What would you like to be famous for?
68. Would you rather gather material things or experiences?
69. What do you think is your conflict style? What are you like when fighting?
70. What would you like to put on our financial bucket list?
71. What is your guilty pleasure? Have you tried to hide it from me/others?
72. What makes you feel the most loved and cherished?
73. Who was your role model when you were young? Who is your role model now?
74. Do you have a word you hate? What is it?
75. What language would you like to master, and why?
76. What fictional universe or world would you like to live in? It can be from any book, movie, or TV show.
77. What’s a hobby you would like us to pick up as a couple?
78. What Avenger would you want to be?
79. What’s a 30-day challenge you would enjoy?
80. Do you like winter or summer better?
81. What is your favorite memory of us?
82. What do you think makes our relationship strong?
83. What would your dream vacation with me look like?
84. What do you think is my most attractive feature?
85. What is the biggest lesson I’ve taught you?
86. When did you first realize you are falling in love with me? How did it make you feel?
87. What makes you the most excited about our future? Is there anything that makes you scared about our future together?
88. What is the one thing I could do to be more supportive of you in the future?
89. What do you think would be the best thing about growing old with me?
90. What do you want to achieve as a couple in the next five years?
91. Do you prefer surprises or planning romantic things together?
92. What is your favorite tradition that we have? Is there a tradition you’d like us to start?
93. From friends or family, whose relationship do you admire the most? Why?
94. Do you think long-distance relationships can work?
95. What is the most ridiculous thing you’ve ever done to try and impress someone? Did it work?
96. Describe your ideal Friday night date.
97. What’s one thing you find romantic that other people generally don’t?
98. What top 10 songs would be on your romantic Spotify playlist?
99. If you had to watch the same rom-com movie every Valentine’s day for the next decade, what would it be?
100. What’s the most romantic gift you’ve ever received?
101. Do you think our relationship is physical enough for you?
102. What turns you on the most: visual images or sounds?
103. What did you think on our first date?
104. What word would you use to describe our love life?
105. How would you describe me to other people?
106. If you could ask me to do three things to you, what would those be?
107. What is your biggest fantasy?
108. What is the best thing about our relationship (physical and non-physical)?
109. What is the most adventurous thing you’d want to do in the bedroom?
110. Is there a phrase or trigger that always manages to turn you on?
111. Do you ever dance when there is no music?
112. What is your favorite joke?
113. If you were a superhero, what would your talent be?
114. What is your favorite season?
115. What smell or sound do your associate with your childhood?
116. You are kicked out of the country and must move; where do you go? Why do you want to go there?
117. Do you think I would help you hide the body?
118. What is the most embarrassing moment you’ve experienced?
119. Would you rather be James Bond or his love interest?
120. What would they need to introduce in the Olympics to give you a chance of winning?
121. What would you be willing to carry with you at all times for the rest of your life?
122. Who would you choose to read you a bedtime story for the rest of your life?
123. What is your favorite prank? Did you pull it off, or did someone prank you?
124. What would you put in your nachos? What does absolutely not belong in nachos?
125. What is the grossest thing you’ve ever eaten?
‘Would You Rather’ Questions
126. Would you rather your partner be always early or always late?
127. Would you rather resolve conflict immediately or sleep on it?
128. Would you rather your partner was besties with your best friend or your boss?
129. Would you rather go on a double date or have a romantic dinner at home?
130. Would you rather have your partner turn out to be an alien or a robot?
131. Would you rather receive a horrible gift or no gift at all for our anniversary?
132. Would you rather get a piercing together or matching tattoos?
133. Would you rather go on a honeymoon to a bustling city or a beach resort?
134. Would you rather know how your partner is going to die or how you are going to die?
135. Would you rather be teased with ice cubes or hot wax?
136. Would you rather not brush your teeth for a week or not shower for a week?
137. Would you rather live ten more years with regrets or ten fewer years with no regrets?
138. Would you rather show your search history on social media or see your parent’s search history?
139. Would you rather have more money or more time?
140. Would you rather have one amazing day a week and six bad days or seven uneventful and boring days a week?
‘Yes or No’ Questions
141. Have you ever lied to get away with something you did?
142. Do you like my friends?
143. Were you happy in your previous relationship?
144. Have you ever friend-zoned anyone?
145. Have you ever stepped on your principles?
146. Do you believe in magic?
147. Would you like to be intimate outdoors?
148. Do you think you can tell when I am sad?
150. Have you ever enacted revenge on someone you know?
151. Have you ever eavesdropped on someone?
152. Can you eat breakfast at night?
153. Do you believe in past lives?
154. Have you ever been fired from a job?
155. Do you want to have children?
156. Have you ever had a serious fight with your friends?
157. Have you ever been a victim of a scam?
158. Have you ever donated money?
159. Have you ever written a love letter to someone?
160. Do you think conspiracy theories are true?
161. What are your thoughts on religion?
162. Do you believe in monogamy?
163. What is the biggest lesson your siblings/parents taught you?
164. What is something you wish to pass on to your children? It can be a life lesson, a personality trait, or a tradition.
165. What is your most irrational fear? What is your most rational fear?
166. What is a risk you took that ended up paying off big time?
167. If today was going to be the last day of your life, would you die happy and fulfilled or feel like you didn’t accomplish enough?
168. Do you have a memory that can keep you up at night?
169. If you wrote a memoir, what would your title be?
170. What are the three things we have in common? What about three things we don’t have in common?
171. How are you with change? Do you like it, and how do you handle it?
172. Do you think your parents genuinely like me?
173. What is your least favorite thing about living with other people? What do you enjoy the most about living with others?
174. Do you like playing video games? What is your favorite video game to play?
175. Are you more of a morning or a night person?
176. What is something you’re happy you don’t have to do ever again?
177. If you wouldn’t feel any fear, what is something you would do?
178. What is your favorite physical feature about me and a favorite non-physical quality?
179. If you could look in the crystal ball and find one truth about your future, what would you want to know? Would you rather not look?
180. If your house was burning, what would be the one thing you’d try and save (pets and loved ones would be safe)?
181. Do you have a bucket list? If so, what is the one thing you’d want to get done by the end of the year?
182. How did you celebrate your 21st birthday? How would you have wanted to celebrate?
183. If you could have a one-way trip in time, would you want to live in the past or in the future?
184. If you look forward in time to when you’re 80 years old, what are the top 3 things you want to have accomplished?
185. If you could vacation in only one country for the rest of your life, what country would that be?
186. Have you ever had a perfect day that you’d want to relive?
187. If you were a dessert, what dessert would you be?
188. What’s a crazy bucket list item you’d ever want to do?
189. What’s one thing that would make you vote for the opposing political party?
190. What’s the luckiest thing that ever happened to you?
191. If you were in the Hunger Games, what character do you think you’d be?
192. What is your favorite place in the world?
193. What are your top 3 all-time favorite books?
194. What’s your love language now, and do you think it’s changed over time?
195. What would you do if you were the richest person in the world?
196. Do you think religion is necessary?
197. Have you ever collected anything as a child?
198. What do you consider to be your biggest failure in life? Would you do anything differently or not?
199. What’s your favorite brunch food that you wouldn’t mind eating every week for the foreseeable future?
200. What’s something you believe in that most people would disagree with?
201. What’s your biggest motivation in life?
Your partner and the person closest to you in life should be the one you can have the most thought-provoking conversations, intimate exchanges, and also the person who can have you rolling on the floor laughing.
If you’re eager to connect on a deeper, more meaningful level, or want to improve your communication, give a few of these awesome questions for couples a try, and see where the conversation takes you.
You Might Also Like to Read
- 100+ Best What If Questions for Fascinating Conversations
- 200+ Best Open-Ended Questions for Amazing Conversations
- 200+ Questions to Ask a Guy to Keep the Conversation Flowing
Keep this list of fun and creative questions to ask your partner for safekeeping by saving this article to one of your Pinterest boards.