This post may contain affiliate links, meaning if you book or buy something through one of these links, I may earn an affiliate commission at no additional cost to you. Learn more
Got a crush on someone but are nervous about making the first move? Use our questions to ask your crush to ignite fun, flirty, or deep conversations, and see if any romance blossoms or sparks fly.
Questions to Ask Your Crush
1. How long have you lived here?
2. What do you love about living here?
3. What do you dislike about living here?
4. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be?
5. If it became a possibility, would you live in space?
6. Have you learned anything surprising on social media (TikTok, Twitter, etc)?
7. What are your hobbies?
8. What was the worst job you’ve ever had?
9. What are some of your pet peeves?
10. Do you enjoy adventurous activities?
11. What do you consider to be an adventure?
12. What is a skill that you would like to learn?
13. Are you an introvert or an extrovert?
14. Are you a risk taker?
15. Do you like rollercoasters?
16. What is a chore you enjoy or don’t mind doing?
17. Have you ever broken the law?
18. What’s your favorite meal of the day?
19. Do you have siblings?
20. How would you describe your sense of humor?
21. Do you like dating apps?
22. Where are you from?
23. Where did you go to school?
24. Do you prefer to work remotely, in an office, or a little bit of both?
25. Who’s your best friend?
26. Do you enjoy craft beer?
27. What types of bars do you enjoy?
28. What are your biggest stressors?
29. What were some of your favorite childhood toys?
30. Do you believe in aliens?
31. What’s your favorite movie?
32. What’s your favorite song?
33. What’s your favorite color?
34. What’s your favorite meal?
35. What is your favorite Halloween costume you’ve ever had?
36. What was your favorite subject in school?
37. What’s your drink of choice?
38. What is the best concert you’ve ever been to?
39. What is your favorite social media platform?
40. What is the most recent book you’ve read?
41. What’s the last song you listened to?
42. Do you prefer coffee or tea?
43. Do you prefer Dunkin or Starbucks?
44. What is your favorite podcast?
45. What’s your favorite vacation you’ve taken?
46. What’s your dream vacation?
47. What’s your favorite season?
48. Do you like kombucha?
49. What’s your favorite fun fact?
50. What’s your guilty pleasure?
51. Which do you like better — the beach or the mountains?
52. Who is your favorite celebrity?
53. What was your favorite vine?
56. What is something you just don’t get the hype about?
57. Where do you like to shop?
58. Do you like to cook?
59. What’s your favorite scent?
60. Have you ever been on a cruise?
61. What’s your favorite way to relax?
62. Do you have any ideas on names for pets or kids?
63. Do you like Thanksgiving food?
64. Do you ski or snowboard?
65. Have you ever been skydiving?
66. Would you ever go skydiving?
67. What’s your favorite weather?
68. Is cheesecake a pie or a cake?
69. What’s your favorite dessert?
70. What’s your go-to hangover cure?
71. What’s your favorite type of cheese?
72. Which Hogwarts house are you in?
73. Who was on your Spotify Wrapped or Apple Replay this year?
74. What’s your favorite word?
75. What’s your favorite cuss word?
76. Do you like to cuddle?
77. What is your love language?
78. What are your top three most romantic destinations in the world?
79. What’s at the top of your bucket list?
80. What is your idea of a perfect date?
81. What is the most romantic song, in your opinion?
82. What’s your favorite Friday night activity?
83. Do you believe in soulmates?
84. Would you prefer a romantic candle lit dinner or a fun outdoor adventure for a date?
85. What’s the worst movie you’ve ever seen?
87. Do you believe them when they say they’ll never raise the price of the Costco hotdog?
88. Do you like when pets have human names?
89. Do you like Crocs?
90. What’s the most awkward situation you’ve been in recently?
91. Would you actually like being serenaded, or do you think it’s cringe?
92. What’s your biggest fear?
93. Do you want kids?
94. How do you lean politically?
95. What do you consider a red flag?
96. What misconception do people have about you?
97. Do you have any big regrets?
98. Are you close with your family?
99. What is your opinion on therapy?
100. What are the most important things to you?
101. Where would you like to settle down?
102. When would you like to settle down?
103. What’s the worst falling out you’ve had (if at all)?
104. What are the most essential things in a relationship?
105. Why do you think relationships fail?
106. Do you believe in/practice monogamy?
107. Have you ever cheated?
108. Have you ever been cheated on?
109. Have you ever had your heart broken?
110. What’s the most you’ve ever hurt someone?
111. How hard is it to communicate what you’re feeling?
112. What’s your biggest insecurity?
113. Do you consider yourself a confident person?
114. Do you think it’s okay to admit that you’re hot?
115. If you had children, what would you do differently than what your parents did?
116. What would you do the same?
117. What’s your favorite childhood memory?
118. What’s essential to you in a friendship?
119. When was the last time you were really sad?
120. When was the last time you were really happy?
121. Are you good at managing your money?
122. What was the most difficult year of your life so far?
123. Do you feel like life just keeps getting better or worse?
124. Do you have any role models?
125. What’s something that you’re really proud of accomplishing?
126. Do you have any special family traditions?
127. What do you love about your hometown?
128. What do you dislike about your hometown?
129. Do you have any favorite memories tied to food?
130. What are you looking for in a partner?
131. What are your dealbreakers?
132. Have you ever changed your views dramatically on something?
133. Are you comfortable taking praise or receiving compliments?
134. Do you have a short fuse?
135. Are you a trusting person?
136. Do you think your romantic partner could be considered your best friend, or is that term reserved for nonromantic friendships?
137. What was your longest relationship?
138. Do you think it’s taboo to have sex on the first date, or is that an outdated view of things?
139. Are you a good judge of character?
140. Are you a romantic?
141. What’s the most romantic dessert?
142. What does romance mean to you?
143. What’s your favorite love song?
144. Where do you think is the best vacation spot for couples?
145. What is your favorite part of being in a relationship?
146. Have you ever had a couples’ massage?
147. Have you ever been in love?
148. How do you know when you’re in love?
149. Do you believe in love at first sight?
150. Who was your first kiss?
151. What do you think is the most intimate activity you can do with someone that isn’t sex?
152. Who was your first crush?
153. What song turns you on?
154. Where’s the craziest place you’ve had sex?
155. Do you have any fantasies?
156. Have you been watching anything good on tv lately?
157. Have you ever been to a music festival, and if so, which one(s)?
158. What would your dream festival lineup be?
159. Do you like country music?
160. Have you ever been to a drag show?
161. Do you like to hike?
162. Do you like camping?
163. Have you had any weird dreams lately?
164. Do you like Mac or PC better?
165. Do you like iPhones or Androids better?
166. Do you prefer Spotify or Apple Music?
167. Do you like scary movies?
168. Do you like tattoos?
169. Are you a dog person or a cat person?
More Questions to Ask Your Crush
170. What’s your favorite grocery store?
171. Have you ever broken a bone?
172. If you could have dinner with anyone, who would it be?
173. Do you like milk?
174. Are you a dessert person?
175. Do you prefer to shower in the morning or at night?
176. What’s the best gift you’ve ever been given?
177. What’s the best gift you’ve given someone else?
178. Are you good at gift-giving?
179. What is important to you in a home?
180. How is your home/room decorated?
181. What song do you hate that everyone loves?
182. What do you do when you’re sad?
183. Do you have friends from different friend groups?
184. What series finale makes you the most upset, and how would you rewrite it yourself?
185. Do you prefer flying or driving?
186. Are you friends with your coworkers?
187. Who is your oldest friend?
Yes, it can often be daunting talking to someone you have a crush on. But with the right questions in mind, you can instantly start having fun, flirty, and meaningful conversation, no matter where you are.
You Might Also Like to Read
- 200+ Questions to Ask a Guy to Keep the Conversation Flowing
- 200+ Questions for Couples: Best Questions to Ask Your Partner
Looking to spark up some conversations with your crush? Keep these questions on hand by saving them to one of your Pinterest boards.