This post may contain affiliate links, meaning if you book or buy something through one of these links, I may earn an affiliate commission at no additional cost to you. Learn more
Use these inspirational overcoming adversity quotes to help you rise above the challenges life throws your way, no matter how tough they may be.
Overcoming Adversity Quotes
Adversity is the misfortunes and difficulties life throws our way. Many times in our lives, we will have to face adversity.
But how we overcome adversity defines us as people. We need to show resilience in the face of adversity. We need to stay positive and find ways to overcome those challenges.
Use these quotes to help you find strength in the most difficult of times. No matter what life brings, we can always get past it. Sometimes, we just need a little moment of inspiration and positivity to help us get through.
Inspirational Adversity Quotes
1. “He who has a why to live for can bear almost any how.” – Friedrich Nietzsche
2. “Adversity reveals genius. Prosperity conceals it.” – Horace
3. “Hardships often prepare ordinary people for an extraordinary destiny.” – C.S. Lewis
Short Quotes About Adversity and Perseverance
A big part of overcoming adversity is accepting its presence. No matter what challenge you face, you have to admit to yourself that it is there to be overcome.
You cannot run from or avoid adversity. You need to face it, embrace it, no matter how long it takes, and allow it to make you become a stronger person.
When you’re facing adversity, use these simple quotes to help you find the strength to stand tall and say ‘I’m ready to face you.’
Remember, there is light at the end of every tunnel. But you need to walk through the tunnel to reach the light.
4. “Out of difficulties grow miracles.” – Jean de la Bruyere
5. “Believe you can and you’re halfway there.” – Theodore Roosevelt
6. “Adversity introduces a man to himself.” – Albert Einstein
7. “This too shall pass.” – Persian Proverb
8. “The greater the obstacle, the more glory in overcoming it.” – Molière
Smile in the Face of Adversity Quotes
To overcome adversity, a positive attitude is vital. As soon as you let negativity take over, finding the strength to keep going can be so difficult.
Great leaders, innovators, and discoverers faced adversity every day. Yet they kept smiling, stayed positive, and remained confident they would triumph, no matter what it took.
When you feel adversity is getting the better of you, use these quotes to help you. Keep smiling, stay positive, and don’t let it beat you.
9. “It’s hard to defeat a person who has a positive attitude.” – Ordinary & Happy
10. “When life doesn’t bring you a reason to smile, go out there and find a reason yourself!” – Ordinary & Happy
11. “You can often change your circumstances by changing your attitude.” – Eleanor Roosevelt
12. “Use your smile to change the world but don’t let the world change your smile.” – Unknown
Take it One Step at a Time in the Face of Adversity
Sometimes you can feel paralyzed when dealing with adversity. It can be overwhelming to deal with it alongside day-to-day life.
Overcoming adversity is not a sprint, it’s a marathon. It can take weeks, months, even years to overcome it.
So approach it with baby steps. Take small actions every day toward your end goal. It’s much easier to get started that way.
In those moments it feels too much, use these quotes to inspire you. Use them to remind you this is a journey, and that you need to take a small step, every day, to heal and grow stronger.
13. “We ourselves feel that what we are doing is just a drop in the ocean. But the ocean would be less because of that missing drop.” – Mother Theresa
14. “Start by doing what’s necessary; then do what’s possible; and suddenly you are doing the impossible.” – Francis of Assisi
15. “Fresh activity is the only means of overcoming adversity.” – Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
16. “We do not have to become heroes overnight. Just a step at a time, meeting each thing that comes up, seeing it as not as dreadful as it appears, discovering that we have the strength to stare it down.” – Eleanor Roosevelt
17. “If you’re going through hell, keep going.” – Winston Churchill
True Character in the Face of Adversity Quotes
Adversity can reveal true character and can forge a stronger person. Facing adversity is so difficult, but at the end of it, you can truly become stronger and better for the experience.
These quotes will remind you that, despite the pain and difficulty you’re facing, every day you are becoming a stronger person for it.
18. “Do not pray for easy lives. Pray to be stronger men.” – John F. Kennedy
19. “Adversity makes men, and prosperity makes monsters.” – Victor Hugo
20. “Success is to be measured not so much by the position that one has reached in life as by the obstacles which he has overcome.” – Booker T. Washington
21. “There is no education like adversity.”- Benjamin Disraeli
Rising to the challenge in the face of adversity is not easy. But in life, we all have to face difficult moments and deal with misfortune.
Your mindset is your greatest weapon to overcome it. These inspirational quotes can help you stay on track, stay positive, and continue working toward overcoming whatever challenge you face.
Best of luck in whatever you’re facing. And remember, you are never alone.
You Might Also Like to Read
- 22+ Best Growth Mindset Quotes To Inspire You Today
- 15 Inspirational Quotes for Bad Days
- Happiness Quotes to Inspire You
Keep these overcoming adversity quotes in a safe place, by saving them to one of your self-care Pinterest boards, ready for a day you may need them.