This post may contain affiliate links, meaning if you book or buy something through one of these links, I may earn an affiliate commission at no additional cost to you. Learn more
Come prepared to play this classic game with more than a few of these “two truths and a lie” ideas to keep the exchanges fast-paced, intriguing, and enjoyable.
Two Truths and a Lie: Best Lie Ideas
Good Two Truths and a Lie Ideas
Great for keeping things casual and general, but also exciting, these are some good lies to use when it’s your turn to go.
- I’ve never played two truths and a lie before.
- I can’t ride a bike.
- I’ve never eaten pizza.
- I drink 10 cups of coffee a day.
- I’ve never broken a bone.
- I have a bubble bath every single night.
- I’ve met more than 50 celebrities.
- I don’t have a driver’s license.
- I’m a vegan.
- I’m a qualified yoga instructor.
- Petrol (gasoline) is my favorite scent.
- I’ve never lived in the same place for more than three years at a time.
- I have a collection of over 150 stamps.
- I get up at 4:30 am every day.
- I’m left-handed.
- I’ve never interviewed and not gotten the job.
- My mom is famous on social media.
- My face was once used in a viral meme.
- It’s impossible to tickle me.
- I’ve never seen Game of Thrones.
- I’ve manifested all the success in my life.
- I started playing the guitar when I was six years old.
Fun Two Truths and a Lie Ideas
Keep the game enjoyable and help everyone have a good time playing with these fun lies to use in your game of two truths and a lie.
- I can hold my breath underwater for three minutes.
- I’m obsessed with musicals.
- I can do a yoga headstand.
- I have over 50,000 followers on Instagram.
- William Shakespeare is one of my ancestors.
- I’ve been skydiving.
- I’ve never watched Friends.
- I write my own songs.
- I’ve visited New York five times.
- I graduated top of my class at university.
- I can name every US state in two minutes.
- I once went backstage at a Beyoncé concert and met Beyoncé.
- I once spent Christmas having a BBQ on the beach.
- I once auditioned for a West End musical.
- I can sing the National Anthem backward.
- I eat at least one Oreo every day.
- I was born on the 29th of February on a leap year.
- I eat ketchup with every meal.
- I don’t know how to tie shoelaces.
- I’ve never had a cocktail.
- I once stayed up all night watching all the Lord of the Rings movies.
- I play drums in a rock band on the weekend.
- I’ve won every game of Monopoly I’ve ever played.
Funny Two Truths and a Lie Ideas
Want to have everyone rolling on the floor in stitches? These funny lies you can tell are perfect for plenty of laugh-out-loud moments that everyone playing will be desperate to ask more about.
- One of my parents had an affair with a U.S. Senator.
- I have 15,000 unread emails currently in my inbox.
- When I’m on holiday, I only visit nudist beaches.
- I’ve been stung by a jellyfish three times.
- I can burp the alphabet.
- I can fit 25 grapes in my mouth at once.
- My favourite TV programme is still Spongebob Squarepants.
- When I was growing up, my family nicknamed me ‘Pickle’ because I ate so many gherkins.
- I watch spot-popping videos on YouTube to relax.
- I use a minimum of seven cloves of garlic in everything I cook.
- I’ve never used a public toilet.
- When I was a child, I had four dogs named after the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.
- I once ate five cheeseburgers in one meal.
- I regularly borrow clothes from my friends and ‘forget’ to return them.
- I once fell asleep in the cinema and woke up still there the following day.
- I choose my friends and romantic partners based on their star signs.
- I have an identical twin that was brought up by another family and we reunited last year.
- I got a law degree simply because Law and Order is my favorite TV show.
Icebreaker Two Truths and a Lie Ideas
Need a great way to get a group of people who don’t know each other to interact while diffusing any awkward silences? Try two truths and a lie with some of these icebreaker ideas.
- I once appeared on a talent show for singers,
- I’ve already ticked off all the items on my bucket list.
- I’ve met the two living members of The Beatles.
- I once won a chess tournament at my university.
- I’ve been to the gym every day for the last two years.
- I was a gymnast for 10 years in my childhood.
- I’ve never traveled outside my hometown.
- I’ve never had an alcoholic drink.
- I don’t have any cousins.
- I’ve never ordered a dessert at a restaurant.
- I stay awake until 2 am every morning.
- I’m allergic to all fruit.
- I did a study abroad year at university.
- I’ve never read a book.
- I only listen to music on vinyl records.
- I’ve never eaten a steak.
- I’ve climbed Mount Kilimanjaro.
- I’ve had laser eye surgery.
- I don’t have a TV at home.
- My favorite genre of music is heavy metal.
- I’ve never done a cartwheel or handstand.
- My favorite sport is ping pong.
- I’ve broken the same bone twice.
Creative Two Truths and a Lie Ideas
Raise more than a few eyebrows and get everyone eager to find out more by using some of these creative lies in a future game of two truths and a lie.
- I’m a self-published author.
- I can play three different musical instruments.
- I once got bitten by a monkey on holiday.
- I qualified for swimming at the Olympics but had to pull out due to an injury.
- I speak fluent Russian.
- I once did an entire interview for the wrong job because I was too embarrassed to leave.
- I’ve completed three marathons in the last two years.
- I worked on the set of the most recent Marvel movie.
- I can ride a motorbike.
- I once attended the Oscars.
- I used to be a bodyguard for a celebrity.
- I’ve read the entire dictionary.
- I once caught a raccoon stealing my shoes so I stole them back.
- One of my hidden talents is archery.
- When I was a child, I starred in a commercial for fabric softener.
- I won the lottery, but I lost the ticket.
- I was voted ‘most likely to become a politician’ by my class at school.
- I crashed my ex’s wedding to object.
- I hire a ‘plant sitter’ to water my plants when I go away on holiday.
- I’m a TV critic, so my job is literally to watch television.
- In my spare time, I create videos reviewing the latest technology releases.
- I changed my name for a bet.
- I got kicked out of the magician’s circle for revealing how I did a magic trick.
Unique Two Truths and a Lie Ideas
Even you will be wishing that some of these truly wild and unique lies are true when you drop them into a future game on your turn.
- I once spent the night in a jail cell in a foreign country.
- I was a backing dancer for Justin Bieber.
- I’ve eaten an insect.
- I’ve never drank soda.
- I’ve been skinny dipping in Spain.
- I’ve swam with dolphins.
- I go to a rock concert at least once every month.
- I once set my lounge on fire with a scented candle.
- I’ve met the Pope.
- I don’t have a smartphone.
- I have three holiday homes.
- I’ve written an entire album that I can play on the guitar.
- I was born in another country.
- My biggest phobia is clowns.
- I’m banned from Denmark for accidentally swearing at a police officer in Danish.
- I can sleep with my eyes open.
- I used to write the horoscopes for my local magazine.
- I’ve been engaged multiple times but never married.
- I’ve been bungee-jumping three times.
- I was once a contestant on a reality TV show, but I was voted out on the first episode.
- I’ve read the Bible ten times, all the way through.
- I only eat green vegetables.
- I have a room in my house that’s used just for meditation.
Flirty Two Truths and a Lie Ideas (Great for Dating)
Playing with a date or partner? Help ignite the spark and simmer the chemistry between you with these flirty ideas you can use for a fun and intimate time together.
- I’ve dated more Spanish speakers than English speakers.
- My favorite food is chocolate-covered strawberries.
- I prefer holding hands to snuggling on the sofa.
- I’ve never used a dating app.
- I’ve written a ‘must-have’ list for my future partner.
- I’m an expert at giving massages.
- I’d never allow my partner to pay for dinner.
- I prefer kissing to cuddling.
- I prefer making the first move to being asked out.
- I’ve fallen in love at first sight.
- I’ve never been heartbroken.
- Staying up all night talking is an item on my bucket list.
- I’m an amateur stargazer.
- I have a hot tub in my house.
- I once went on a date in a hot-air balloon.
- I check my horoscope before I go on a date.
Two Truths and a Lie Ideas for Couples
Be it some casual fun, or to get to know each other better, these lie ideas for an upcoming game can give you plenty to work with when playing with your partner or spouse.
- My favorite gift to receive is a bunch of flowers.
- I’ve called my mom after every romantic date I’ve had.
- I prefer my pet to my partner.
- I prefer camping holidays to beach holidays.
- I don’t believe in love at first sight.
- I prefer a staycation to a vacation.
- I want seven children.
- I can say ‘I love you’ in 10 different languages.
- I have a hidden talent that I’ve never told my partner about.
- I was once asked out by a celebrity.
- My favorite song is ‘You’re Beautiful’ by James Blunt.
- I’ve written more than 50 poems about my relationship.
- I’ve had five serious previous relationships.
- I’ve never been on holiday with a partner.
- I once went on three dates in a single day.
- I once broke up with somebody via text.
- I once dated somebody who had a phobia of strawberries.
- My ex had my name tattooed on their arm.
Two Truths and a Lie Ideas for Team Building (Appropriate at Work/for Coworkers)
Want to help new members of your team bond, or starting a new job and eager to get to know your coworkers better? Two truths and a lie can be a great way to do this, and these lie ideas are ideal for work-appropriate interactions.
- I started working when I was 14.
- I’ve never bought a takeaway coffee.
- I was once trapped in an elevator for five hours.
- I’ve traveled to 50 different countries.
- I’ve competed in international dance competitions.
- I don’t have any social media platforms.
- I once appeared on a local news channel.
- When I was a child, I wanted to be a politician when I grew up.
- I have five sisters.
- I played Juliet in my school’s production of Romeo & Juliet.
- I’ve never ordered a takeaway.
- I moved house eight times before the age of 15.
- I originally trained to be in the police.
- I’m a professional proofreader in my spare time.
- I read 100 books every year.
- I grow my own fruits and vegetables.
- I auditioned for the first Harry Potter movie.
- I appear in the music video of a very famous musician.
- I eat pizza without the cheese.
- Whenever I’ve worked in retail or hospitality, I’ve used a fake name to the customers.
- I’m a certified lifeguard.
- I met my significant other at somebody else’s wedding.
Two Truths and a Lie Ideas Appropriate for Kids
Want to play two truths and a lie with your kids? Have more than a few of these lies ready in your back pocket to play a fun game they’ll love and enjoy with you.
- When I was growing up, I had 10 dogs.
- I can say the alphabet backward.
- I can read 1000 words per minute.
- I went on a safari and saw real lions.
- I went to Scotland and saw the Loch Ness monster.
- I’ve had afternoon tea with the Queen.
- I brush my teeth six times a day.
- I’ve been to Disneyland.
- I have never played video games.
- I’ve set a world record for the quickest person to complete a 2,000-piece jigsaw puzzle.
- I don’t eat any vegetables.
- I can fly an aeroplane.
- I’ve never won a competition.
- I have an afternoon nap every day.
- My favorite animal is a koala.
- My birthday is the same day as Halloween.
- My middle name is the same as my dog’s name.
- I was my school’s spelling bee champion.
More (Random) Two Truths and a Lie Ideas
Still looking for more ideas to play this super fun game with? There’s plenty of inspiration below with these random lie ideas.
- I’ve never watched Netflix.
- I’ve never owned an Apple product.
- I cut my own hair after a bad experience at the salon.
- I’m allergic to dogs.
- I have a fear of different foods touching each other on the plate.
- I regularly eat raw eggs.
- I am an expert cocktail maker.
- I’ve never eaten at a fast-food restaurant.
- I’ve been to Italy every year since I was 10 years old.
- I shower for a minimum of 30 minutes.
- I’ve met the last three US Presidents.
- I dropped out of school with no qualifications.
- I once went for coffee with Lady Gaga.
- One Christmas, I ate seven portions of Christmas dinner.
- I’ve visited Asia 12 times.
- I attended Britney Spears’s first-ever concert.
- I hate spicy food.
- I once won an eating contest at a restaurant.
- I faint every time I see blood.
- I’m a professionally trained ballerina.
- I can’t sleep without a lamp on.
- I once took a job just because my crush worked at the same place.
- Tomatoes are my least favorite food.
- I have a selfie on my phone with Obama.
- I’ve never been stung by a bee, wasp, or nettle.
- I don’t think dogs or cats are cute.
- I once won $5000 at a poker tournament in Las Vegas.
- My great-grandfather toured with Elvis Presley.
Conversation games can be an amazing way to have fun, connect deeply, and get to know someone in an enjoyable way.
However, if everyone playing is constantly stuck for ideas and what to ask, everyone can quickly become disinterested in playing.
Having more than a few of these ideas in your head for future games of ‘”two truths and a lie” can help keep the conversation flowing, and everyone interested and engaging.
However and whoever you play with next, we hope these ideas help you all have a brilliant time where everyone is involved and enjoying themselves.
You Might Also Like to Read:
Want to play more games of “two truths and a lie” in the near future? Keep this huge list of ideas on hand by saving it to one of your Pinterest boards.