This post may contain affiliate links, meaning if you book or buy something through one of these links, I may earn an affiliate commission at no additional cost to you. Learn more
Spark some interesting debates and fun conversations with some of the best questions to ask friends, allowing you to connect in enjoyable, exciting, and thought-provoking ways.
Questions to Ask Friends
Keep the conversation fun and enjoyable with these fun questions, and prepare for plenty of smiles, laughs, and some fun stories along the way.
1. If you could describe yourself as a type of animal, what animal would you be?
2. Do you prefer to travel by plane or train?
3. Which fantasy world from a TV show, movie, or book would you most like to live in?
4. Do you prefer holidays in the countryside or at the beach?
5. Do you have a sweet tooth?
6. What’s your favorite type of weather?
7. How successfully do you stick to New Year’s resolutions?
8. If you found out the world was ending tonight, how would you spend today?
9. If you could have any animal (even a wild one!) as a pet, which animal would you choose?
10. What’s your favorite Disney movie?
11. How would you describe me in three words?
12. What’s your favorite way to exercise?
13. Which TV show have you watched the most times?
14. How do you think I’d describe you in three words?
15. What, in your opinion, is the ultimate comfort food?
16. What’s your go-to karaoke song?
17. Do you prefer late-night parties or nights in with takeout and a movie?
Eager to take the conversation to some new and intriguing places? Pose some of these interesting questions into conversations with your friends, and see what eye-opening and thought-provoking things you can learn about each other.
18. If you were stranded on a desert island but could receive one luxury item, which item would you select?
19. What invention from the last 100 years do you think has had the most impact on the world?
20. What would you eat for your last meal?
21. Which politician has changed our society the most?
22. If a genie appeared and offered you three wishes, what would you wish for?
23. What is a job you think the world could live without?
24. What jobs do you think the world couldn’t live without?
25. What ideas do you have for tackling social inequality?
26. What subject do you think should be added to the school curriculum?
27. What’s your number one tip for a successful life?
28. What’s your hidden talent?
29. What superstition (if any) will you always stick to?
30. If you could choose one celebrity to become your BFF, who would you choose?
31. What are the most important three items on your bucket list?
32. If you become the leader of this country, what’s the first law you’d introduce?
33. If you could wake up tomorrow and speak any three languages fluently, which languages would you choose?
34. What movie made you cry unexpectedly?
35. What ice cream flavor best represents you?
36. If you could only eat one dessert ever again, what dessert would you choose?
37. What’s your idea of a perfect night in?
38. If you had to give up one social media platform, which one would you give up?
39. What’s the best gift you’ve ever received?
40. What does your morning routine look like?
If you’re ready to connect with your friends on a more intimate and personal level, don’t be afraid to ask some of these questions to each other and open up about life, relationships, and beliefs in a safe space.
41. What do you think is your best quality?
42. Would you describe yourself as an extrovert or an introvert?
43. Did you have an imaginary friend when you were growing up?
44. What’s your biggest insecurity?
45. Do you have any phobias?
46. What’s one of the biggest red flags if you’re dating somebody?
47. What’s something you believed when you were younger but no longer believe?
48. What’s your relationship with your family like?
49. What would you consider to be your most serious romantic relationship?
50. What do you look for in a friend?
51. Where do you see your life in ten years?
52. Which of your family members are you closest to?
53. What’s the best way somebody can cheer you up when you’re feeling down?
54. What’s the most important life lesson your parents taught you?
55. What would success look like for you?
56. Is there anybody in your life that you speak to every day without fail?
57. What is your life motto?
58. Do you tend to follow your heart or your head?
59. What’s your most irrational fear?
Easy and Lighthearted
Not ready for deep or intimate connection but still want to keep the conversation going? Try some of these easy and lighthearted questions, which can help you have some enjoyable conversations without being too intrusive or personal.
60. What movie can you watch again and again without getting bored?
61. Are you most productive in the mornings or the afternoons?
62. What was the first concert you ever went to?
63. What was your favorite subject when you were at school?
64. Would you ever try an extreme sport, such as skydiving or bungee jumping?
65. What’s your go-to fast food order?
66. What’s your go-to song for getting ready for a night out?
67. Are you a morning person or a night owl?
68. Who never fails to make you laugh?
69. Imagine you can only eat one type of fruit again – which would you choose?
70. When you were a child, what was your dream job?
71. What’s your favorite movie genre?
72. Do you prefer sweet or savory food?
73. Which decade had the best fashion trends?
74. Which decade had the worst fashion trends?
75. What’s your dream holiday destination?
76. Do you prefer winter or summer?
77. What’s something you believed as a child, but realized as an adult is untrue?
78. What are your three most used emojis, and what do they say about you?
79. What’s the most random dream you’ve ever had?
If you’re ready to connect with your friend(s) on a whole new level, be bold and introduce some of these deep questions into conversations.
80. How do you feel your childhood affected who you are today?
81. Would you consider yourself religious or spiritual?
82. What legacy do you want to leave?
83. What boundary do you find the hardest to set?
84. Why do we dream?
85. Would your younger self be proud of who you are today?
86. Have you ever had your heart broken?
87. Have you ever broken somebody’s heart?
88. If you could go back ten years in time, would you change anything? If so, what would you change?
89. Do you find it easy or difficult to trust people?
90. What’s been the most challenging thing you’ve ever done?
91. What’s your love language?
92. Who do you admire the most, and why do you admire them?
93. What’s your biggest fear?
94. Do you think social media has more of a positive or a negative impact on today’s society?
95. What do you hope your friends and family would say about you?
96. What’s the biggest personal journey you’ve been on?
97. What one thing would you change about society?
98. If you had the opportunity to live forever, would you want to? Why, or why not?
99. If you could reunite with somebody you’ve fallen out of touch with, who would that be?
Give everyone a fun, rib-tickling time when you next get together by bringing some of these funny questions to ask into the conversation. Who knows what wild and hilarious things you’ll discover about each other?
100. What’s the most embarrassing thing that’s ever happened to you?
101. Which ‘bad’ fictional character from a movie or TV show do you think is actually in the right?
102. What movie do other people consider bad, but you love?
103. What’s the most awkward interaction you’ve ever had?
104. What’s the funniest thing you said as a child?
105. What’s your most useless talent?
106. What’s the best joke you’ve ever told?
107. If animals could talk, which animal do you think would have the best sense of humor?
108. What’s your least favorite food?
109. If you ever appeared on TV, what do you think it would be for?
110. Which vegetable do you most resemble?
111. What was your worst ever haircut?
112. What’s the most spontaneous thing you’ve ever done?
113. What’s a memory that was a disaster in the moment, but you can laugh at now?
114. Who’s your favorite comedian?
115. What’s been your most questionable fashion moment?
116. If every time you spoke, instead of speaking like a human, you made the sound an animal makes (such as a woof or meow), which animal sound would you want to make?
117. What’s your strangest habit?
118. What dating profile bio would immediately turn you off?
119. If you had to marry a celebrity tomorrow, who would you choose?
Discover some spicy secrets and eye-opening things about each other by posing some of these juicy questions to your friends, and get ready to be amazed, shocked, agasp, and even all three.
120. What’s your most controversial opinion?
121. What’s the best compliment you’ve ever received?
122. If you were offered $1000 or for a stranger to get $10,000, would you take the $1000?
123. What’s your biggest pet peeve?
124. What’s the worst thing anybody has ever said about you?
125. When was the last time you felt jealous of somebody else?
126. If you disagree with somebody, do you tend to say it to their face or behind their back?
127. Who was your most recent crush?
128. What’s the most rebellious thing you’ve ever done?
129. Do you find it easy to admit you’re wrong? Why, or why not?
130. What’s the worst date you’ve ever been on?
‘Yes or No’ Questions
Sometimes a simple ‘yes’ or ‘no’ can help keep the conversation flowing and everyone engaged without everyone having to think or debate too much. Once everyone has clarity on their stance, you can then explain more about your thoughts. For those moments, try some of these ‘yes or no’ questions.
131. Do you believe in life on other planets?
132. Would you abandon a book halfway through if you weren’t enjoying it?
133. Do you need time to recharge after being with others?
134. Have you ever been in love?
135. Did you have a childhood pet?
136. Have you ever had to end a friendship?
137. Do you listen to podcasts?
138. Have you ever had deja vu?
139. Do you have a bucket list?
140. Do you think our dreams can give us an insight into our desires?
141. Do you sing in the shower?
142. Do you like horror films?
143. Do you believe in fate?
144. Do you want to live where you live now for the rest of your life?
145. Do you believe in soulmates?
146. Do you think you would do a good job if you were put in charge of a country?
147. Do you want to have (more) kids one day?
148. Do you believe in horoscopes?
149. Does your zodiac sign reflect your personality?
150. Do you have the job you expected to have when you were growing up?
‘Would You Rather’ Questions
Word games are a great way to ignite interesting conversation, and if you like some of these questions, we have plenty more ‘would you rather’ questions here you can ask friends at your next get-together.
151. Would you rather no longer require sleep or always be the perfect temperature?
152. Would you rather have a starter and no dessert, or a dessert but no starter?
153. Would you rather only be able to shower or bathe ever again?
154. Would you rather travel for free for one year around Europe or Asia?
155. Would you rather be locked in a cage with a tiger or a poisonous snake?
156. Would you rather have been born in Ancient Greece or Ancient Rome?
157. Would you rather be extremely rich but have no real friends, or be poor but have lots of genuine friends?
158. Would you rather work longer hours but have more holidays, or work fewer hours but not have as many holidays?
159. Would you rather never watch TV again or never hear another song?
160. Would you rather always be slightly too cold or always be slightly too warm?
161. Would you rather never be hungry again or never be thirsty again?
162. Would you rather live in New York or Paris?
163. Would you rather go out for dinner or order takeout?
164. Would you rather be visited in your garden every day by a bear or a crocodile?
165. Would you rather be excellent at sports or a talented writer?
166. Would you rather eat a burger every day or eat pizza every day?
167. Would you rather go without coffee or soda?
168. Would you rather watch a horror movie or a romantic movie?
169. Would you rather read a book or watch a movie?
Still looking for some conversation-starting inspiration? There are plenty more questions below you can pose to your friends.
170. Imagine you won the lottery tomorrow – how would you spend the money?
171. If you were given $10,000 to set up your own business, what business would you create?
172. What musician’s discography could you listen to over and over again?
173. What would the ideal weekend look like for you?
174. What item in your wardrobe do you always reach for on a special occasion?
175. What would you consider your ‘look’ to be?
176. What’s your go-to coffee order?
177. What was your childhood home like?
178. If you could peek ten years into the future and see what your life would look like, would you do it?
179. How would you rate your enjoyment of your current job on a scale from 1-10?
180. What’s your favorite place to shop for groceries?
181. What’s your favorite reality TV show?
182. What item of technology could you not live without?
183. Which song is your guilty pleasure?
184. What’s your favorite thing about each of your friends?
185. What’s your favorite type of chocolate?
186. What’s your favorite memory of all time?
187. If you could only eat one food for the rest of your life without being unhealthy, what food would you choose?
188. What’s your favorite place you’ve ever visited?
189. What’s your favorite holiday to celebrate?
190. What’s the luckiest thing that’s ever happened to you?
191. Which fictional character from TV, movies, or books do you most relate to?
192. Which family member do you most enjoy spending time with?
193. When was the last time you told a lie?
194. How often do you lie?
195. If your partner was a bad kisser, would you tell them?
196. Did you enjoy school when you were younger?
197. Do you believe that everybody deserves a second chance?
198. Do you find it easy to set boundaries?
199. Would you ever move to another country?
200. What’s your favorite sports team?
201. Do you like pineapple on your pizza?
Your friends are people you can have some of your funniest, deepest, and most thought-provoking conversations with, and often you can share things with your friends you wouldn’t be comfortable sharing with other people.
These questions for friends cover plenty of moods and conversation starters, and can help you improve, grow, and evolve your friendships with those people you love spending time with and can confide in.
You Might Also Like to Read
- 200+ Questions for Couples: Best Questions to Ask Your Partner
- 200+ Best Open-Ended Questions for Amazing Conversations
- 170+ Best Get to Know You Questions
Keep these creative questions for friends for safekeeping by saving this article to one of your Pinterest boards.