This post may contain affiliate links, meaning if you book or buy something through one of these links, I may earn an affiliate commission at no additional cost to you. Learn more
Whether you’re a foodie, or just love to gorge on the finer things in life, these 100+ food trivia questions are ideal for bringing a little food-themed fun to your gathering, dinner party, or game night.
Food Trivia Questions
Fun Food Trivia Questions
1. In Italy, what vegetable is also called a ‘crazy apple’?
Answer: Eggplant (aubergine).
2. What type of sushi was made by Japanese chefs in Los Angeles to introduce Americans to the traditional food?
Answer: California roll.
3. What is Garfield’s favorite dish?
4. The five basic tastes are sweet, sour, salty, bitter, and …?
5. Which country is home to the deep-fried Mars bar?
6. What color is the inside of a dragonfruit?
Answer: Pink or white.
7. In the UK, ‘bangers’ is a different name for what food item?
8. What fruit is banned in many indoor locations because of its smell?
9. Some people dip their fries in mayonnaise, while others prefer to dip them in something sweet. What is it?
10. What is the common name for pineapple in non-English speaking countries?
11. Vegans can prepare realistic, meatless pulled pork by using…?
12. What is the least common M&M color?
13. Which country is Heineken beer from?
Answer: The Netherlands.
14. What food used to be for peasants, but is now considered a luxury item?
Easy Food Trivia Questions
15. What is the main ingredient in guacamole?
16. Which country are burritos from?
17. Basil is the main ingredient in which popular green pasta sauce?
18. The most common food allergy is…?
19. What type of fruit is Pink Lady?
20. Where is gelato originally from?
21. What does a vegetarian not eat?
22. Oranges are rich in which vitamin?
Answer: Vitamin C.
23. When you heat sugar, what can you make?
24. What is coffee made out of?
Answer: Coffee beans.
25. The two most famous cola brands are…?
Answer: Coca-Cola and Pepsi.
26. What toppings are on a Margherita pizza?
Answer: Tomato sauce, mozzarella, and basil.
27. What item is often used in Asian countries instead of forks and knives?
28. Where did sushi originate?
29. Snow White fell into a deep sleep after eating a poisoned…?
30. What ingredient makes bread rise?
31. Which condiments are usually put on a hot dog?
Answer: Mustard and ketchup.
32. At the butcher, you can usually only buy…?
33. What types of food are Gouda, Feta, and Cheddar?
34. What are the two main ingredients of strawberry jam?
Answer: Strawberries and sugar.
35. What is the overall name of food items like yogurt, cheese, and milk?
Hard Food Trivia Questions
36. What is the pigment called that gives oranges and carrots their orange color?
Answer: Beta carotene.
37. What is the most eaten food in the world?
38. What is the name of a palate-cleansing dish, often served between two main courses?
39. Green tea and black tea are made from the Camellia sinensis plant. What other tea is also made from this plant?
Answer: White tea.
40. What flowers make vanilla?
41. In the USA, yellow Fanta is pineapple-flavored. But what flavor is yellow Fanta in the UK?
42. Which country is the largest producer of coffee beans?
43. Marzipan is made by using which nut?
44. Traditionally, caviar consists of the eggs of which fish?
45. What is the main ingredient to make tofu?
Answer: Soy milk.
46. What type of mushroom is often used to make vegan chicken wings?
Answer: Oyster mushroom.
47. The Italian term ‘carpaccio’ is used to refer to what type of food item?
Answer: Thinly sliced, raw meat.
48. What is Caboc?
Answer: Traditional cream cheese from Scotland.
49. Where was Tabasco first made?
Answer: USA (in Louisiana).
50. Baklava is made by using what type of dough/pastry?
Answer: Filo (phyllo).
51. What is Kombucha?
Answer: Fermented tea.
52. What is the name of the traditional bread eaten during Jewish holidays?
53. Which vegetable can take up to 3 years to harvest for the first time?
Interesting Food Trivia Questions
54. What fruit can hold over 1000 seeds?
55. What vegetable juice has been used as red dye since 1500?
56. When was cheesecake first served?
Answer: During the Olympic Games in Ancient Greece (to provide athletes with energy).
57. What vegetable has more protein than steak?
58. The world’s hottest chili pepper is named…?
Answer: Carolina Reaper.
59. John Glenn was the first to eat in space. What did he eat?
Answer: Apple sauce.
60. What was cola originally used for after its invention?
61. The name of which sweet food item comes from the Aztec drink ‘xocolatl’?
62. What is the name of the most expensive steak in the world?
63. ‘Ladies’ fingers’ is another name for which vegetable?
64. Traditionally, mozzarella cheese is made out of the milk of what animal?
Answer: Water buffalo.
65. What is special about the liquor Spirytus Rektyfikowany Vodka?
Answer: It’s the world’s strongest alcoholic drink (96%).
66. Which country produces about two-thirds of vanilla globally?
67. What is a kumquat?
Answer: A bite-size, orange-like fruit.
68. How many lbs was the heaviest Thanksgiving turkey according to the Guinness World Record?
Answer: 86 lbs (39 kg).
69. What is the name of a wine made from red and white grapes?
Answer: Blue wine.
70. What is the English meaning of the chips name Doritos?
Answer: Little golden things.
American Food Trivia Questions
71. In which state was Coca-Cola served first?
72. What does the saying “As American as apple pie” mean?
Answer: Something is typically American.
73. In 2022, Florida changed its original state dessert, key lime pie, to …?
Answer: Strawberry Shortcake.
74. What are the two most popular breakfast foods in America?
Answer: Bacon and eggs.
75. New York is home to the first factory for what type of pasta?
76. Popeye increased the consumption of which vegetable by a third in the USA?
77. What are S’mores made of?
Answer: Chocolate, marshmallows, and graham crackers.
78. Which American city is known for deep-dish pizza?
79. What is the name of the famous dish with seafood on a bun?
Answer: Lobster roll.
80. Potatoes in a triangle shape, often eaten for breakfast, are called…?
Answer: Hash browns.
81. What are the 3 main ingredients of a BLT sandwich?
Answer: Bacon, Lettuce, Tomato.
82. Which American city is famous for its sourdough bread?
Answer: San Francisco.
83. What dish is usually eaten with oyster crackers?
Answer: Clam chowder.
84. What does GORP stand for?
Answer: Good Old Raisins and Peanuts (an energy-fueling snack).
85. What signature dish from Louisiana is made with andouille sausage and shrimp?
World Food Trivia Questions
86. Manchego is a Spanish cheese made of …?
Answer: Sheep’s milk.
87. What fish dish is considered a special delicacy in Iceland?
Answer: Fermented shark.
88. Sake is a popular Japanese alcoholic drink. What is it made of?
89. Which animal’s heart, liver and lungs are used to make haggis, a traditional Scottish dish?
Answer: A sheep’s.
90. What gives tiramisu its unique flavor?
91. Ceviche is a traditional staple in which country?
92. The Malaysian dish Nasi Lemak is made of which key ingredients?
Answer: Rice, coconut milk, and pandan leaves.
93. Fufu is a popular dish in central and western Africa and is made of …?
Answer: Starchy foods like plantain or cassava.
94. Where did bubble tea originate?
95. What city in Germany has a museum dedicated to its traditional fast food Currywurst?
96. Halloumi cheese comes from which country?
97. What is special about the Korean food kimchi?
Answer: It’s fermented cabbage.
98. In the Netherlands, what do people traditionally eat during New Year’s Eve?
Answer: Oliebollen (fried dough balls, plain or with raisins).
99. What is the most commonly used legume to make falafel in Middle Eastern cuisine?
100. Where does the peri-peri flavoring originally come from?
More Food Trivia Questions
101. What is a folded pizza called?
102. What are you afraid of if you suffer from Mageirocophobia?
103. Which tea has the most health benefits?
Answer: Green tea.
104. What grows in a paddy field?
105. Asian food and fast food commonly use a flavor enhancer called…?
106. How many different pasta shapes exist?
Answer: More than 600.
107. ‘Little worms’ is the English translation of which Italian pasta name?
108. Which famous pasta dish did President Thomas Jefferson bring to the US?
Answer: Mac and cheese.
109. The only fruit that has seeds on the outside is a…?
110. What are cruciferous vegetables?
Answer: Vegetables such as cauliflower, kale, cabbage, and bok choy.
111. How many varieties of avocados are there?
Answer: Around 500.
Suitable for all ages and occasions, a quick-fire bout of food trivia is guaranteed fun for everyone involved.
You could go all out and make it a super section of your organized quiz night, or just ask these questions to a friend or partner when bored on the bus.
But however you use these questions, you’ll definitely be feeling hungry after you’ve finished answering them!
You Might Also Like to Read
- 100+ Best Brunch Food Ideas (The Ultimate List)
- 100+ Picnic Food Ideas You Will Love for Any Occasion
- 100+ Movie Trivia Questions and Answers for a Hollywood-Themed Quiz Night
Keep these fun and insightful food trivia questions for safekeeping by saving them to one of your party planning Pinterest boards.